- When you go into the locks it is like a chamber and gates close behind you. The water in the chamber drains out the sides until your boat drops 32 feet. This is how much we dropped at Pedro Miguel locks.
- Sea level is the same on both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- Every boat is required to have a Canal captain.
- The Canal operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- An average of 40 Panamex boats go through the Canal a day.
- Every boat flies the Panama flag while transiting the Canal.
- There are lots of landslides along the Canal.
- The lock at Miraflores is a mixture of fresh and salt water.
- Boats wait up to six days before they go into the Canal.
- The Canal has a control tower just like at airports.
B y Andie